- Backlight Enhancements – Design of edge-lit or direct backlight solutions to increase luminance and outdoor readability.
- Optical Bonding – Use of liquid adhesive to attach protective cover lenses or touch panels to the front of an AMLCD and improve outdoor readability.
- Night Vision – Use of optical filters/lenses or dual-mode backlighting techniques to meet MIL-STD 3009 requirements.
- Viewing Angle Steering – Use of steering films and polarizers to optimize viewing angles for a specific location away from display center.
- Color Matching – Backlight and software design techniques that allow a replacement AMLCD solution to match colors from a previous unit.
- Enclosures – Metal housings to match a specific customer design footprint.
- Parts Manufacturer Approval (PMA) – Mechanical design to be 100% compatible with a pervious display version that is end of life.
- MIL-STD 810 – Environmental design and test conditions for military hardware.
- DO-160 – Environmental test conditions for airborne equipment.
- DO-254 – Design assurance guidance for airborne electronic hardware.
- Circuit Boards – Custom design solutions to handle unique logic or backlight interface requirements.
- EMI Shielding – Conductive coating/mesh and housing designs to limit emissions from the display solution.
- Heaters – Conductive layer added to the display solution to improve response time of the AMLCD at cold temperatures.
- Built-In-Test – Design circuitry to ensure that logic signaling has successfully gone through the AMLCD and detect if there are problems.
- ARINC 818 – High bandwidth, low latency, digital video bus for avionics.
Reliability & Support
- Partnerships – IDC maintains some of the longest partnerships with both customers and suppliers in the industry.
- Long-Life Support – Contractual commitments for product service/support life extending 5+ years.
- Counterfeit Parts – IDC is compliant on 5 different international standards for protection against counterfeit parts.
- AS9100 Certification – IDC has been AS9100c certified since 2013.
- Lot Tracking – Any potential defect can be tracked back to a specific material lot and assembly time.
- Risk Mitigation – IDC protects customer product solutions with a combination of supplier partnerships, contracts, and long-term support components.