– Design of edge-lit or direct backlight solutions to increase luminance and outdoor readability.
– Use of liquid adhesive to attach protective cover lenses or touch panels to the front of an AMLCD and improve outdoor readability.
– Use of optical filters/lenses or dual-mode backlighting techniques to meet MIL-STD 3009 requirements.
Viewing Angle Steering
– Use of steering films and polarizers to optimize viewing angles for a specific location away from display center.
– Backlight and software design techniques that allow a replacement AMLCD solution to match colors from a previous unit.
– Metal housings to match a specific customer design footprint.
Parts Manufacturer Approval (PMA)
– Mechanical design to be 100% compatible with a pervious display version that is end of life.
– Environmental design and test conditions for military hardware.
– Environmental test conditions for airborne equipment.
– Design assurance guidance for airborne electronic hardware.
– Custom design solutions to handle unique logic or backlight interface requirements.
– Conductive coating/mesh and housing designs to limit emissions from the display solution.
– Conductive layer added to the display solution to improve response time of the AMLCD at cold temperatures.
– Design circuitry to ensure that logic signaling has successfully gone through the AMLCD and detect if there are problems.
Reliability & Support
– IDC maintains some of the longest partnerships with both customers and suppliers in the industry.
– Contractual commitments for product service/support life extending 5+ years.
– IDC is compliant on 5 different international standards for protection against counterfeit parts.
– IDC has been AS9100c certified since 2013.
– Any potential defect can be tracked back to a specific material lot and assembly time.
– IDC protects customer product solutions with a combination of supplier partnerships, contracts, and long-term support components.